Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

61 Valentines

It's a bit late to be posting about Valentine's crafts, but these last minute cards came out so cute I had to share!

IMG_4959
I saw the idea for these 3D Valentines at Design Mom, but the brilliantly simple original idea is here.

If it wasn't for the fact that we have two birthdays (one of them being mine) just before Valentine's Day I would enjoy the challenge of coming up with original ideas for exchanges with the girls, but this has usually been one occasion when shop bought is best. Especially when the girls had to give out 90 cards between them back in California! In France, however, Valentine's Day seems to be a low key affair and, as it was when we lived in England, to be celebrated between lovers not the thirty kids in your class! The girls will be exchanging Valentines at school tomorrow though so we had to come up with something. This was easy and fun and even Florence got in on the act. She can give hers to her, no doubt slightly bemused, nursery school teacher. If she can resist eating the lollipop herself beforehand!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, Americans make it hard for themselves, don't they ;)
    We don't do any of the schoolyard valentine stuff in Australia either, thankfully. In fact, my husband and I rarely even realise it's that day, but that could just be because we are grouchy! Anyway, you're more likely to run into my hubby today than me as he's back up there for work. Sigh. Not at all romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenue chez les Berries!
Your comments bring this blog to life and make me happy.
Let me know you stopped by and I'll be sure to write back.
A bientôt! Nicola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...